Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pizza Casserole Recipe

This was my first attempt at a this recipe, when I came across it looked delicious and I knew that I had to try it.  While making it I of course improvised some things, it wouldn't be my cooking if I didn't do it.  I want to point out that my step by step photos are not as prevalent as they usually are.  This is because the recipe that I used did not match up with the cooking methods, the size of pan and definitely not the way that it was portrayed in the picture.  So although I tried to make it work using what I was given and that is what the pictures reflect I want to give the ingredients and recipe for what it SHOULD be and will be the next time that I cook it.  There was absolutely NO problem with taste, it was very delicious and I highly recommend this recipe, especially my version of it. 

Ingredients:
12 oz Rotini Pasta (I used Penne for lack of Rotini but Rotini would have been better)
1 lb ground Sausage (Seasoned with basil, & oregano)
36 oz pasta Sauce (or more depending on taste)
1 16 oz container of Cottage cheese (also could substitute Ricotta Cheese)
1 can of black olives (sliced)
12 oz shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 6 oz pack of sliced ham (or canadian bacon, the store I went to only had large slices)

 Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 9x13 casserole dishBring lightly salted water to boil and cook pasta over medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.  In skillet cook sausage on medium heat until browned.  Drain grease.  Mix in the pasta and the sauce and pour into the casserole dish.  (I would suggest adding half of the olives into this mixture).  In a bowl mix the cheese (ricotta or cottage or even softened cream cheese), olives (mushrooms if you would like) and mozzarella together.  Spoon over the pasta and top with the ham.  Add a thin layer of cheese over the ham.  Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly.  Remove from oven allow about 5 minutes to cool before serving.  Enjoy!
 

Boil the noodles and brown the sausage
Mix the sauce, pasta & sausage together
Pour the pasta into the casserole dish and top with the cheese mixture, placing the ham on top and adding a thin layer of cheese, Cook for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment