Saturday, November 2, 2013

Cookbook Contemplations

Hello my amazing supporters.  I really need your input on this one.  I have been seriously considering putting together a cookbook by Thanksgiving of 2015.  I want to be able to go through all the trial and error before then and get some of my food photography improved upon.   I would like to hear any and all honest opinions about whether or not you would be interested if I were to actually go through this.  What sorts of things do you think that I should add or take out? 

My vision would Have a section for each type of Meat (ie, Pork, Beef, Chicken, Fish/SeaFood) Desserts, Appetizers, Healthy Choices, Soups & Salads.  It would probably flow about the same as any other cookbook but I want something that would stand out.  I want to be able to have something fun and dynamic such as an alternative ingredients food wheel and what the effect of the different ingredients would have on the dish in terms of flavor, etc. 

I would love to be able to vamp up the website and would need someone who can help with blogging and getting my own .com going for a reasonable price.  I would like to expand my fan base to be at least 10 times what it is right now.  I would love to hear any ideas from people who have been successful at getting their blog out there. 

I have considered getting a better camera to do video of me cooking, but I have definitely gone back and forth on this.  I am not sure if a lot of people would really be interested in seeing how crazy and messy it can get in my kitchen as a single mom.  Most of the ones that I have watched are so laid back and organized, and with my soon to be 3 year old sous chef, that isn't always feasible haha. 

I am currently working on an actual list of all of the things that I would need and then what I would want to have in order to make this plan actually go through.  For anyone that can offer any advice, both positive and negative I would love to weigh all of my options.  If any of you have any services that you can provide that can be helpful I would definitely welcome that as well.  

Thank you all for hearing my jumbled plans as I reach a better organized thought process.  Thank you all for your continued support in my blogging endeavor, and I look forward to many more and great new things in the future!  Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend!


-Britt


No comments:

Post a Comment