Tuesday, September 9, 2014

August 2014 Playlist

Songs that defined my month and some insight into my mind and thoughts musically.



1. Never Let Me Go- Florence and The Machine: Two of my favorite things combined, FATM and Vampre Diaries...  and Damon, and Delena, and Damon...  and the beauty of this song.  *Spoiler alert if you have not watched the first 3-4 seasons of Vampire Diaries, this video may ruin some shock moments for you.

2. Good Enough-Sarah McLachlan: Sarah will always remind me of my mom, and I am happy that I can still listen to her after all of the CDs on repeat for months on end haha.  This song is still beautiful, and now that I am older I understand why my mom put some CDs, such as this one on repeat for so long because the lyrics speak to me now in a way that they never did when they were younger.  This song makes me feel like it was definitely speaking to my mother as well, in a way that she may have hid certain thoughts and feelings from us as kids.

3. Fade into You-Mazzy Star: This song reminds me so much of growing up and I still love the haunting melody and lyrics.  It has been featured in a multitude of tv shows and movies.  

4. Glory and Gore-Lorde: Lorde has always intrigued me with her uniqueness and that voice of hers.  This song may be most noticeable from the opening of the show Vikings.

5.  Motivation-Kelly Rowland feat Lil' Wayne: I have always loved Kelly, and this song is so hot!  I love that she isn't afraid to be the sexy one from Destiny's Child.

6. Better Days-Goo Goo Dolls: I just love the hope that can be felt from this song.

7. You're Not Sorry-Taylor Swift: Hate on Taylor all you want, but she provides lyrics for any girl who has ever felt heart break and betrayal.  I could dedicate this song too many times, plus it's catchy.

8. Here With Me-Michelle Branch: I don't think that there is a Michelle Branch song that I don't love.  I wish she was still making music.  

9. Ms. Jackson-Outkast: Such a classic song, you can't help but to get into it.

10. The Chain-Fleetwood Mac: I always think of my mom and my childhood whenever I hear Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks. I like to cook and clean to this kind of music.  "And if you don't love me now, you will never love me again"

11. Play-Goapele: I love Goapele, and this song is hot and catchy.  Sexy man hunk in the video also ;)

12. Hand in My Pocker-Alanis Morissette: Oh Alanis, you write the soundtrack to my life.  Such a great song about life. "And what it all boils down to, is that nobody's really got it figured out just yet"

13. Single-Ne-Yo and NKOTB (New Kids on the Block): Like most girls around the decade that I was born, there was much glee when NKOTB finally made newer music a few years back (geez it has already been 5 years ago now).  I do love this song, the truth of being able to lose yourself in the arms of someone, if only for a single song.

14. Take Back the Night-Justin Timberlake: As  someone who will probably always feel that FutureSex/LoveSounds will be the greatest album that he will ever put together, I have found myself lacking interest in most of his newer music.  This has been the only son that has stood out to me from his latest singles thus far.

15. All the Way Down-Glen Hansard: This song holds such emotion, I can feel the pain of past experiences when I would find myself broken down to the point that you slowly slide down to the floor in disbelief and shock and cry from your very soul.

16. Can You Stand the Rain-New Edition: You can never claim that New Edition doesn't sing with soul, especially in this song.  I think that all of us are wanting that one person who can "stand the rain" with us in life.

17. Shake Your Tailfeathers-Nelly, P. Diddy, and Murphy Lee: Back with Nelly and Murphy Lee did  everything.  I used to have a small crush on Nelly...  like most girls at that time I think.  This song was fun and catchy and man was the dance stupid haha, and you can bet that I was out there acting a fool and "Shaking my tailfeather" haha.

18. I Like That-Houston feat Chingy, Nate Dogg & I-20: Such a promising start and then Houston had to go all crazy and try to kill himself in the bathroom and detaching his eye or stabbing it with a pen...  I don't remember it was something about his eye...  and now I can picture is the Hostile blow torch to the eye incident...  It was such a great lesson to NOT use drugs.  It's always nice to hear Nate Dogg, and always missing how he could make any song sound better.  This is not to be confused with the song that came out around the same time by Marques Houston called I Like IT which was confusing but sound different.  Now I am also wondering what in the heck happened to Chingy and his Jackpot squad....

19. You and Me-Lifehouse: I will always love this song.

20. Play Hard-David Guetta feat Ne-Yo and Akon: I love David Guetta, he just seems like he rocks as a person.  This video is so hilarious.  Those are some insane boots.  It was nice to see a small emergence by Akon for this video and Ne-Yo has that voice that always sounds great.  Also this video gives a nice sexy shirtless shot of David Guetta that is much appreciated :)

21. Diamonds-Rihanna: Regardless of the way that diamonds reflect light in the lyrical debate that followed this song, it is still a song that I enjoy listening to and I like the message it is meant to impart upon the listener.

22. One More Night-Maroon 5: I LOVE this song.  Although I always feel like watching the video feels weird with what I felt the lyrics were saying.

23. Spectrum-Zedd: This was the first song that I ever heard from Zedd, and I was hooked.  I love the weirdness to the videos.  I always have to crank up this song!

24. Almost Lover-A Fine Frenzy: Oh the almost lovers of the world...  the ones that could have been, but never quite were.  "I never want to see you unhappy, I thought you'd want the same for me.  Goodbye my almost lover, goodbye my hopeless dream.  So long, my luckless romance.  My back is turned on you I should've known you'd bring me heartache Almost lovers always do"

25. 300 Violin Orchestra- Jorge Quintero: I love this song, great beat, great instrumental.

26. Evil Beauty-Black Mill: Black Mill rocks at music, and life most likely.  These songs always stand out amongst the crowd.

27. Keep Breathing-Ingrid Michaelson: Sometimes that is all that we can do from moment to moment.

28. Friend Like Me-Robin Williams from Aladdin: There are so many great moments from Robin Williams that helped shape my childhood and have never left me.  It is with heavy heart that the world says good bye to a brilliant man in a fight within his own mind.

29. Who Are You When I'm Not Looking-Blake Shelton: This is definitely something we all wonder about people we care about, we want those small insights into each and every part of someone who holds our hearts and find the beauty in all of the nuances and oddities in unguarded behavior.

30. Unfortunate-Trey Songz: This is the story of my life...  But once it's over, it's over for me.  "That's unfortunate, that you didn't believe in me"

31. Closing Time-Semisonic: This song will forever remind me of my first official job at the age of 15.  Mark's In & Out, and how we would play this song while closing every night, requesting it on the radio when we could. 


No comments:

Post a Comment