Monday, January 26, 2015

Donut Muffins

I have so many recipes all over my house and so many photos on my camera.  I sincerely apologize for being gone for so long.  In exchange for your patience, here is a delicious recipe I have to share :) 
*I do want to note that the batter was reminiscent of cookie dough and I wasn't sure it was going to turn out very "muffin" like, but they turned out splendidly.  Very good with custard or strawberries or both.  I ended up with a total of 18 full muffins from this recipe.


Ingredients:
3/4 Cup Butter (softened)
1 Cup Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 1/2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
2 Cups Milk
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

Top:
2 Tbsp Butter (melted)
1/2 Cup Superfine Sugar
1 tsp Ground Cinnamon

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 Degrees.  Grease or use muffin cups in a 12-cup Muffin pan.
In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.  Add the eggs, beating in between each one.  Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and nutmeg together. 
Add half of the creamed mixture with 1/2 Cup Milk.  Gently fold the ingredients together before slowing adding in the flour with additional milk.  Continue this process until all of the ingredients are mixed together.  Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling about 2/3 full. 
Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until muffins are lightly brown.
Mix the sugar and cinnamon together for the topping.  Remove muffins from oven, brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment