Friday, September 8, 2017

Fangirl

Fangirl Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I must say that I went into this book expecting it to be maybe a 3 star read. I would have never picked this book up on my own, but my group voted on it for this month's read and I am very happy that they did.

I love how REAL the characters were in this book. Cather (Cath) and Wren are identical twins who have just entered into their Freshman year of college and Wren wants to break away from having to do everything together. She wants to meet new friends and be more independent. Cath is an introverted girl with a bit of social anxiety disorder. The twins have a lot of opposition between their personalities.

Although this story is written about twins, I could see a lot of the difference in personalities between my sister and myself. There were so many relateable parts of Cath's personality to me. There were time in the book where I laugh and even a time when I had tears run down my face for Cather.

Many realistic issues are faced in this book to include familiar upset, and disorders throughout each family member. The whole book revolves around Cath's fanfic writing for another created story that is interwoven within the book. You get to know the characters within this story and within the canon and Fanfic of Simon Snow's world.

I left this book wanting more of a wrap up ending, but hoping instead that it means we will see more of these beautifully written characters. Superb job, I definitely connected with this book. 5 Stars for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment