Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Girl, Interrupted

Girl, Interrupted Girl, Interrupted by Susanna Kaysen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Having first seen the movie, I have been interested in checking this book out for years. I was very excited to randomly come across it as one of my library's staff picks.

I didn't realize that Susanna had written this book about herself prior to reading it It definitely adds a new dimension to the story, that is an added benefit.

Overall it is well written and an enjoyable read. I enjoyed the way that Susanna was able to assess herself and the world around her, making her intelligence apparent even through the pages.

The most complicated part of reading the story was the timeline shifts between chapters. Sometimes she would mention an event (such as a death) and then a couple of chapters later that person would be talked about in a present tense.

Definitely worth the read. 4.5 stars for me.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment