Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Shadow and Bone

Shadow and Bone Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well I actually picked this up because when I went to begin Six of Crows, I felt like I needed the back story. Life got very busy and I actually had to check it out twice from the library before I can fit it in. I finally allowed myself to take a short break from my many obligations in life and sit down and at least get started on it. So I did... And then I read the entire thing.

I just couldn't seem to stop reading it. I was completely wrapped up in the story and the characters and it grabbed me. It was a welcome relief from real life and I couldn't believe it was over so quickly. Now I need to pick up book two.

In the first half I was kind of apprehensive because it was starting to feel like a multitude of other books, but then BAM! Leigh Bardugo said "I tell my OWN story." And then the end came far too soon. I must say that I am now a new fan of hers and can't wait to read more. I hope she upholds this high standard int he rest of her novels.

********************SPOILER ALERT************************

Thank goodness this wasn't another stupid love triangle that made "forgetting" about someone when you are away from them okay blach! Thank you for letting Alina find her confidence and truth of her heart quickly before too much damage was done. Also I feel personally betrayed by Genya. I REALLY want her to NOT be a "bad guy"! 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment