Monday, July 7, 2014

Sweet Red Sangria

With my cousin over to visit, we had to whip up some Sangria.  Our shared love for Disaronno led to the addition of it tot he Sangria, and we were not disappointed.  I have admittedly winged my Sangria recipes from the first one until now and it has all been delicious.


Ingredients: (makes about 7 or 8 large glasses)
1 1/2 Cups Malbec Rose' (I used 2012 Finca El Origen)
1 1/2 Cups Sangiovese (I used 2012 Rambouillet from the local Christoval Vineyards)
1 Cup Red Table Wine (I used Kitchen Sink)
1 Cup Brandy (I used E&J)
1/2 Cup Amaretto Liquor (I used Disaronno)
3 Cups Orange Juice (not from concentrate is best I used Simply Apple)
3 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Nutmeg
10-12 Dried Whole Cloves
2 Plums (Pitted & Sliced)
1 Apple (Cored & Sliced)
1 Orange (Rhine Removed and Sectioned)
10-15 Green Grapes (Seedless)
10-15 Blueberries

Directions:
Add all ingredients except fruit to a pitcher.  Stir thoroughly.  Add in the fruit and stir again.  Allow fruit to sit in sangria for at least 10 minutes before serving.  Serve & Enjoy!  (Feel free to eat the fruit and add to your glass)


Add all of the liquid ingredients and spices
Add in the fruit

Serve & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment