Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Because of You

Because of You


All because of you
Hearing your voice in the dark
No longer am I blue
You rekindled a spark
Deep within my
My pain is finally gone
My heart whispers softly
Singing it's joyful song
You're so close
Yet so far away
Wonder if he knows
How much I need him today
Alone here I sit
With you in my heart
Inside I'm throwing a fit
When we are a part
Slipping off my mask
Letting out my pain
What is it you ask
Love has reached me again
Your words amaze
Spoken from within
Away pass the days
Is loving you a sin
Somehow you found a way
To caress my soul
From the very first day
Having you was my goal
What do I need to do
To have you in my life
My love for you grows
Cutting my pain like a knife


*This is a poem that I wrote in 2002 and was published thanks to my Senior high school English teacher Miss Karnop who submitted it without my knowledge and bought me the book that it was published in for a graduation present.  I spent my entire Senior year thinking that I was a horrible student as English had always been my favorite subject and she had been so hard on me and always pushed me.  It wasn't until the end of the year when she finally told me the potential that she saw in me and helped give me inspiration in my writing when I felt that I couldn't make it.  I will never forget her, and was sad to see that she ended up moving after that year and getting married.  I wonder where she is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment