Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spaghetti with Zucchini

I like to add things to my spaghetti to make it unique, tonight I decided to go with a banana zucchini. I definitely recommend the addition.  You can always make your own sauce, but I was short on time and just went with a jarred sauce.  Enjoy, and don't forget to turn on the correct burner ;)

Ingredients:
10 oz pasta (I used Rotini)
1 lb hamburger
Seasoning (Alpine Touch, Garlic Powder, Thyme, Basil & Oregano)
1 Banana Zucchini (peeled & chopped)
1 jar (24 oz) of tomato based sauce (I used roasted garlic)
*Optional Shredded Cheese to top

Directions:
Add the pasta to a pot and pour water over to cover and boil.  Add the zucchini, boil until pasta is al dente.  In the meantime add the hamburger and the seasoning to a skillet and cook on med-high until browned.  Strain the pasta and add the hamburger and pasta sauce.  Stir in and simmer until warmed all the way through.  Serve with optional shredded cheese on top and enjoy!

Boil the pasta and brown the hamburger
Add the zucchini to the pasta and continue to boil
Strain the pasta and pour in the spaghetti sauce and the browned hamburger
Serve with shredded cheese sprinkled on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment