Wednesday, October 15, 2014

September 2014 Playlist

Here are some songs that affected me in one way or another during the month of September.  Enjoy my eclectic taste!



1. Requiem for a Dream- Jennifer Thomas: This song came on a lot last month and it stood out to be every time.  I know that this is a remake but I think that she does such a spectacular job.

2. Accidentally in Love-Counting Crows: With the news of the new Counting Crows album, and listening to Disney kids Pandora a lot, I just couldn't leave Counting Crows off.  

3. Fearless-Colbie Calliat: You can just feel the heartbreak in this song.  I just love Colbie.

4. Again-Lenny Kravitz:  I have always had a huge crush on Lenny and his re-emergence into my life through the Hunger Games made me so happy to hear this song, which was always great to begin with.

5. Renegade-Styx: How can you not love this song and want to rock out any time that you hear it.  If you fall into that category than I don't know why you are on my page anyway ;)

6. Shatter Me-Lindsey Stirling feat Lizzie Hale: I love everything about this song, the lyrics, the violin, the music video!  Stands out as such a great one!  "Somebody shine a light, I'm frozen by the fear in me. Somebody make me feel alive, And shatter me"

7. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around-Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty: Such a wondrous collaboration!  Just love their voices together.  Great song.

8. Warrior Concerto-Glitch Mob: I seriously love Glitch Mob, although I feel like they could have shortened the intro of the song, the rest of it is so badass that it makes it work listening to.

9. Feeling Good-Michael Buble': I am seriously in love with Michael Buble', he makes everything in life better and reminds you that hope exists.  Plus this is a great confidence boosting song that makes you saunter across your living room floor.

10. All I Have-Jennifer Lope feat LL Cool J: I have always loved this song.  Sometimes when enough is enough, you just have to walk away.  

11. You Can't Hurry Love-The Supremes: So I went through an old music kick last month, but you can't argue that this isn't an awesome song and still applicable.

12. Waking Dream-Natalie Walker: I just love how haunting this song is.

13. Spectrum-Zedd feat Matthew Koma: This was the first song that I ever heard of Zedd and I was hooked.  I can still remember the first time I saw this video and how weird it is and also how fitting it it's old weird way it is with the song.

14. Maria, Maria-Santana ft Wyclef Jean: Santana is just so talented and awesome!  This song will always be a great one.

15. Shake It Out-Florence and the Machine: The lyrics are always synced up with moments in my life.  I love you FATM!  We all need to spring clean our lives from the past and "shake it out", move on.

16. Give Me Everything-Pitbull feat Ne-Yo & Nayer: This song always makes me feel upbeat and dancey!  Pitbull just has that charisma and swagger in his smile, I love it!  Plus there is also something about a guy that calls your "dahling"

17. Turn Me On-David Guetta feat Nicki Minaj: I so love David Guetta, and this video will always be one of my favorites.  I just love the building of the mannequin that is brought to life and all that it could symbolize. 

18. Sarajavo-Blackmill: Blackmill just dominates every song that they put out.  They always stand out to me no matter what I am doing, I instantly stop and look at my Pandora and it's Blackmill being awesome agian.

19. Cups (When I'm Gone)-Anna Kendrick: Liam freaking loves this song, and it is catchy and I like it now too.  We sing it together at loud volume in the car :)

20. Now We Are Free-Lisa Kelly/Gerard: I LOVE this song, and it is from the grand movie Gladiator.  Such a beautiful Celtic melody.

21. Shimmer-Fuel: This was always my favorite Fuel song!  I love everything about it!

22. Beauty is Her Name-Dru Hill: Great R & B by Dru Hill, makes me miss good music.

23. Years of War-Porter Robinson feat Breanne Duran: Such a great song to listen to.

24. I Choose You-Sara Bareilles: Somehow Sara has taken over one of my stations, and I have gotten to hear a lot of her songs that had never crossed my ears before and I am loving it.  This song is a great representation of a lot of her awesome.  Love the lyrics.

25. Happy-Pharell: You just can't listen to this song and NOT be happy.  Liam and I love it as a pick me up, dance around the house kind of song.

26. Sorrow-Flyleaf: Flyleaf is great at exploring a range of emotions!  I just love Lacey's voice and I am sad to hear the she decided to leave the band, but becoming a mom can change your life priorities for sure.

27. Never Too Late-Three Days Grace: I seriously need to make an entire station dedicated to Three Days Grace!  Always great music.  Always nice to think that you can make new choices and it's never too late.

28. Shake It Off-Mariah Carey:  You really do just need to shake it off sometimes, and move on.

29. You Make Me Feel-CobraStarShip feat Sabi: I love Cobra Starship and this song is fun! "I'm known for taking what I think I deserve, and you're over due"

30. Love Somebody-Maroon5: This song always makes me want to be in love.  It's been so long since anyone make me feel this way.  The older I get I start to wonder if it's even possible anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment