Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Playlist

I have though a lot about incorporating a song into each blog that I write and things that had inspired me for the day and that is likely something that I will start to add, but in the meantime, I would like to share with you a list of some of the amazing songs that changed my life, made life better, brought contemplation into my life, made my happy and made me cry.  Enjoy, there is no particular order to this.


It was just this year that I discovered Zedd and I have loved every song that I have heard thus far.  Great beats, great lyrics and great concepts :)  You may also know them for their more popular song Clarity which I also long, but I can remember the exact moment that I heard this song for the first time and instantly loved it!



There is not a single Lindsey Stirling song in existance that I do not love.  But this has remained by far my favorite.  I love here amazing electric guitar and her ability to give you the feel of the entire story of the Phantom and Christine.  Also being a huge Phantom fan may have added to it.  I think that she did an amazing job in this cover.  If you have not yet heard of this amazingly talented woman than you should do yourself a favor and look her up, I have a feeling you will fall in love with her violin skills as well. 


Lana Del Rey-Young and Beautiful.  Something about this song that you just hear it and love it and can feel the emotion behind it with Lana's hauntingly beautiful voice.  I admittedly didn't like Lana on the first song I heard by her, but once this song came attached to the Great Gatsby I was hooked and have found many more of her songs to love.  As a lover of Great Gatsby I was dying to watch it and would listen to this song over and over again, although the movie disappointed me, I never stopped loving this song.

There are so many Maroon 5 songs that I would have had a hard time picking just one, but when this song came out it took over me, it just made me want to be in love.  I wanted to have someone in my life that this song could be about :)  


I fell in love with this song from the first moment I heard it.  It was the first time that I found John Legend sexy and just listening to it made you want to get up and dance and feel sexy to your very soul and then I finally watched Think Like A Man for the first time and my love Michael Ealy and those eyes, that this video that goes with has definitely gotten tons of play.  This song has been my reigning ringtone for at least the past 4 or 5 months now.

Then we come to Celldweller with the Wings of Icarus.  The first time I heard this song I was driving to work, and normally I would have skipped it for the slow start but it was haunting and I liked it and then I listened to it more and I loved all the many instruments that were incorporated into it and how it flowed throughout the song, I thought it was beautiful



Marketa Irglova and Glen hansard have been two of my favorites since I was first introduced to the amazing movie Once years ago.  I have carried this song with me throughout the years and it always speaks to me.  I love it

Every now and then you hear a song and from the beginning you just know that it is going to be epic.  That is how I felt from the first time that I heard Heart Attack.  You just feel emotion and soul from this song.  (The official video wouldn't allow embedding)


Then we come to the amazing talented and beautiful Sia.  She has amazing lyrics and I love her voice.  I fell in love with her on David Guetta's Titanium


There are so many amazing Florence and the Machine songs, but I love this one!  The lyrics are great and I love the music to it the rapture and the feeling of giving in completely.  If you have never gotten into Florence & the Machine they do a lot of really amazing songs


This is another gem that I have Pandora to thank.  Charlene does an amazing cover of The Callings song.  I love her voice and her take on this song.  It is always so beautiful and makes you want to sing along with her.


This song also follows me through the years with the amazing collaboration of Bryan Adams and Sarah McLachlan that make me want to find this kind of love.  Also it is from Spirit one of my all-time favorite movies.  Such a beautiful song that always gives me hope in love. 


One of my all-time favorite Flyleaf songs and something that I have dedicated to a friend in my life. 


When I am at my low and feel like I can't go on anymore this is exactly how I feel when I try to give love a chance and a relationship a chance and it all just blows up in my face I just have to blast this song.


I love Ellie and my Pandora station dedicated to her has gotten me through many things.  And this is one of those songs that I embrace and blast when things are going wrong in life.


There have been a lot of times in my life in the past year where I preferred songs without words and I discovered this amazing song that I instantly loved as well.


I know I already had a Maroon5 song on here but this is the long distance lovers anthem and so many times in my life I have felt this exact way and I embraced this song with my soul when it first came out.



The first time I heard this song I knew exactly how she felt and I cried and cried knowing that feeling, and I listened to it many times throughout the year remembering the feeling of foolishness and could relate to almost every single lyric in this song.


This is the greatest song to hear and belt out when your frustration level is at an all-time high


This is another song that will always stay with me because I feel like Michelle and I share in our weirdness, and I always crave that one guy that "Gets Me" one day this song will be true in my life. 


I love this song, it has such beauty in it's own unique love song quality makes me happy whenever I hear it.  Ranks in my top Coldplay songs along with The Scientist.

If I ever get married, this song will play at my wedding.  It will always go with me through the years as well.  Whenever I hear Adele's remake I just get mad and need to hear the original to make it all better since no one can sing this song like 311.


My all-time favorite Counting Crows song....

When I need peace and freedom in my life and thoughts I always turn to Lisa Gerrard and this epic song from Gladiator.  


But you can't find peace in Now We Are Free without some of Enya's May It Be


Although I love so many of Sade's songs, Soldier of Love has helped me out a lot this year. 

This song always makes me want to give love a chance again....

And last but certainly not least is Frou Frou's Let Go.  I always feel like anything is possible that no matter what happens you need to take a leap of faith in love and in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment