Sunday, May 25, 2014

Spiced Red Sangria

I have been waiting for Memorial Day weekend to make a yummy pitcher of red sangria.  Given the rainy weather that we have had all weekend, I decided to make it a spiced kind of sangria, to give comfort to the dark and rainy comfort weather we have been having.  I hope that you like this one as much as I have. 

Ingredients: (makes about 7 or 8 large glasses)
2 Cups Merlot (I used 2010 Rambouillet Vinter's Select Merlot from the local Christoval Vineyards)
3 1/2 Cups Pinot Noir (I used Pepperwood Grove Pinot Noir)
1/4 Cup Orange Vodka (I used Grey Goose)
2 Cups Apple Juice (not from concentrate is best I used Simply Apple)
3 Tbsp Cinnamon
1 Tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
10-12 Dried Whole Cloves
2 Peaches (Pitted & Sliced)
2 Apples (Cored & Sliced)
3 Pineapple Slices (Quartered)

Directions:
Add all ingredients except fruit to a pitcher.  Stir thoroughly.  Add in the fruit and stir again.  Allow fruit to sit in sangria for at least 10 minutes before serving.  Serve & Enjoy!  (Feel free to eat the fruit and add to your glass)

Add all ingredients except the fruit to a pitcher and stir
Add int he fruit and mix it all up well
Serve & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment