Thursday, July 3, 2014

Apple-Banana-Tomato Protein Smoothie

I know, I know, it sounds gross.  I was honestly nervous about how this one was going to turn out, but I just kept thinking about V8 and how they can make tomatoes work so I gave it a try anyway.  I must say that I am glad that I did because it turned out delicious.  It smelled like banana and the flavor was mostly banana and apple with an occasional fresh tasting bite of kale thrown in. 
*I apologize for missing my initial pretty pre-mixed photo, I accidentally deleted it on my camera :(


Ingredients:
1 Cup Frozen strawberries & Blueberries
1 Scoop Vanilla Protein Powder
1 Banana (Sliced)
1 Leaf Kale (Ripped into pieces)
1 Medium Tomato (Seeded & Sliced)
1/2 Cucumber (Peeled & Sliced)
1 Apple (Cored & Sliced)
1 Peach (Pitted & Sliced)
1/4 Cup Blueberries
1 Cup Apple Juice (Not From Concentrate)


Directions:
Add the frozen ingredients into the blender first and then add the protein and the remaining ingredients, top with the apple juice (This helps ensure a better overall blend).  Blend on medium/high speed until well blended and serve.  This gives you 2 smoothies to enjoy so that you can take care of 2 days at once, refrigerate the remaining smoothie.  Enjoy!


Mix all of the ingredients
Serve & Enjoy!

If you interested in more smoothie recipes here are my previously posted recipes

Cantaloupe-Carrot-Berry Protein Smoothie

Cucumber-Watermelon-Mint Protein Smoothie

Heirloom Carrot-Watermelon Protein Smoothie

Watermelon-Triple-Berry Protein Smoothie with Kale


No comments:

Post a Comment