Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pork Nachos

I like to try to make old standards new again with varying ingredients.  My specialty is steak nachos, but tonight I went the pork route and it turned out delicious!

Ingredients:
1 lb package stewing pork (pre-chopped or you can also buy whatever pork you prefer and chop it yourself)
2 Tbsp olive oil
Seasoning (Taco Seasoning & Crushed Red Pepper)
Toppings:
Salsa (I used Peach to go with the Pork)
Sour Cream
8 Grape Tomatoes (chopped)
3 Stalks Green Onions (chopped)
1 Avocado (halved and chopped)
4 Spinach Leaves (ripped into pieces)
8-10 black olives (sliced)
Shredded Cheese (I like to use the Mexican Blend)
Tortilla Chips

 Directions:
Put the oil in a skillet and add the pork and the seasoning.  Cook until thoroughly browned.  Set aside to slightly cool.  While cooking the pork get the toppings ready by chopping and slicing the tomatoes, green onions, black olives and the spinach and leave the avocado for last.  Arrange the tortilla chips on a plate add the cheese and pork and green onions, microwave for about 35 seconds or until cheese is melted but not crispy.  Add toppings to taste and enjoy :)



Add the pork and seasonings to the skillet
Cook thoroughly
Prepare toppings
Add chips, cheese, pork and green onions
Melt cheese in microwave
Add Toppings
Normally I would put the salsa and sour cream on before the other toppings but I got overzealous and didn't realize I had forgotten the salsa until I was about half way done haha
Enjoy your delicious creation!

No comments:

Post a Comment