Monday, March 17, 2014

Braised Corned Beef St Patrick's Day Recipe # 2

I usually boil, or slow cook my corned beef, so earlier this month when I came across this braised method I knew I had to change it up.  Especially since I also had corned beef for Valentine's Day!  I did of course make some alterations as I went but overall the inspiration gave me a wonderful recipe to use in the future and the meat was very juicy and had a nice flavor. 

Ingredients:
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3.5 lb Corned Beef Brisket
2 Tbsp Browning Sauce
4 Cloves Garlic Sliced
1 Tbsp Basil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  heat oil in large skillet.  Brush brisket with  browning sauce on both sides.  Brown brisket on both sides in the hot oil (about 5-8 minutes per side.)
Add water to a shallow roasting pan.  Place rack on top of pan and place brisket on the rack.  Scatter garlic basil and accompanying flavor packet on top of the brisket (fat side up).  Cover pan with aluminum foil. 
Roast in the preheated oven until meat is tender (about 30-45 minutes per pound).  Slice, Serve & Enjoy!

Remove brisket from packaging
Brush with browning liquid
Brown on both sides
Place on rack in roasting pan

Cover with seasoning
Cover entire pan surface area with tin foil
Remove from oven
Slice & Serve!
 
Saint Patrick's Day 2014 Recipe # 1: Irish Soda Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment